Want some tips and tricks to help you find the best jeans to make your booty appear round, firm and lifted? Heck yes you do girl!
Whether you have a flat, long, saggy or triangle butt I have the low down on what to look for when jean shopping.
Like my last post on how to accent your waist we can’t all look like JLo or Kim K. And that is perfectly ok! Love your body, love the skin your in and take the time out every single day to find one thing you love about this glorious body you have been blessed with!
But these tips and tricks will help you define and accent those lovely lady lumps!
Types of Butts
Flat Butt- This one is pretty self explanatory, there just isn’t much back there. But the good news is there are a handful of tricks to add some fullness to your backside.
- Avoid baggy or boyfriend style jeans.
- Aim for more fitted styles.
- Jeans with embellished pockets or flap pockets will add some volume to your derriere. Look for bling, buttons, embroidery or contrast stitching.
- Higher rise jeans will cinch in your waist making your bum appear larger.
Saggy Butt-Your booty tends to droop, so you need a jean that will give a lifting effect.
- Look for jeans that have pockets that are positioned higher. High pockets pull the eye up and gives you an instant butt lift!
- Pockets that are long and end where your bum and thighs meet is a NO go for you ladies. This will only make your bottom appear saggier.
- Jeans that have pockets that are tilted slightly outward creates the illusion of a more fit, lifted and plumper bottom.
- You can definitely rock detailed pockets but its not a must for your booty type.
Wide Butt- Your bum tends to be the widest part of your body. This is typical for pear shapes.
- Look for jeans that have pockets that are closer together. This draws the eye in and creates the illusion of a slimmer backside.
- You want basic medium sized pockets that sit directly in the center of your cheeks.
- Dark washes will also create a slimming effect.
- Flares and bootcut jeans will help balance out your hips and butt.
Low Butt-Do not confuse a low butt for a saggy butt. Low butts are not saggy, they just sit lower and can still be firm.
- Pockets that lift your bum are going to be your secret weapon.
- Look for denim with less stretch. Jeans with too much stretch tend to get baggy, loose and don’t create that lifting effect your are going for.
- Contoured waistbands and pockets are flattering for your shape.
- Look for pockets with detailing at the top of the pocket as this draws the eye up and lifts the bum.
V Butt-V bottoms tend to be widest at the top and smallest at the bottom.
- Look for pockets that are placed lower and are turned sightly inward create the appearance of a rounder butt.
- Jeans with a light wash or what we call “sanding” at the bottom of your bum will also make your bum appear rounder and fuller.
Triangle Butt- This is the opposite of a V butt. Your booty tends to be widest at the bottom.
- Jeans with pockets that are placed higher will draw the eye up.
- Ensure your pockets are on the fullest part of your bottom.
Bubble or Bigger Butt- If you have a fuller derriere and want to downplay it, I got some tips for you!
- Dark washes and looser styles like a boyfriend jeans will play down your booty.
- Look for mid rise jeans with minimal details on the pockets.
- Looser leg styles such as flares and boot cuts will take the focus off your bottom.
- Less stretch in your denim will hold you in and give you a little lift.
6 Things To Look for When Jean Shopping
- Pockets- Pocket placement is key for all booty types, so always pay careful attention to where the pocket sits when trying them on. Pockets should NEVER (for any butt type) extend past where your bum meets your thighs.
- Fabric Content- Make sure to have a little stretch in your denim because jeans with zero stretch will literally flatten your booty. And they won’t be comfortable if you go a little cray at dinner.
- Wash/Color- Darker rinses will downplay and lighter will demand more attention. So whether you’re trying to attract or divert the eye, keep that in mind!
- Cut of Jeans- Bootcuts and flares will balance out curves while skinny or straight legged jeans will make your bottom look larger compared to your thighs.
- Details- Stitching or embellishments on pockets can add fullness and draw the eye to your booty. Make sure these details are appropriately placed on the pocket for your specific booty type.
- The Yoke- The yoke is the seam directly under the waistband and can either make or break the appearance of a nice booty.
- The V Yoke is the most popular and most flattering.
- The sweetheart or curved V yoke creates instant curves.
- The inverted arc creates the illusion of a rounder and fuller bottom.
- The straight yoke will make your hips appear wider. I would stay away from this style unless you are trying to create more curve in the hip area.
- Avoid the super deep V yoke like the plague. With the yoke being longer it pushes the pockets down, which makes your booty look longer. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
You now have the tips and tricks to make jeans shopping a breeze and to find the perfect pair for your badonkadonk.
Follow me on Instagram @darlindelilah to see my OOTDs and more style tips!